It's been a slow start for the year. I've got a relaxed attitude. My goals will be much more modest. I just want to make this year about going places, seeing new things, and writing.
Time to Ride!
I came across this mural whilst cycling through Cardiff last month and it seemed perfect. Last year was all about distances. This year, I want to emphasize places.
I'm starting off with three short features; Llangattack & Abergavenny is one of those rides that turned into something much more special than expected. Whilst Morlais Castle Explore was an adventure of wonder and mystery. Magor & Seawall Explore was just a simple ride of pure joy.
Next, I've got a gallery of bike shots from 2018 which deserves a little recognition and lastly, I'm reposting my 2019 goals to emphasise the change in direction I wish to make toward cycling this year.
I hope you enjoy this new issue and as always - thanks for stopping by.
Seeya down the road. Cheers! - cm
Features
MY RIDES - It's easy to get lost in one's thoughts, but with so much to see, I had to stop often. And when the weather changed for the better, I had to go with the flow and let the road take control. ► Read more...
MY RIDES - This mysterious place had been on my bucket list for a few years and I finally made my way there. I also documented the entire route - which surprisingly happens to be mostly traffic-free!
► Read more...
► Read more...
MY RIDES - Nothing can match the feel of riding your bike on a warm spring day after a long cold winter. I spent the day exploring the Gwent Levels and discovering new places.
► Read more...
► Read more...
GEAR - I feel rather self-indugent taking photos of my bike. Sometimes I just turn back and see her sitting there and well... I just gotta take a snap. Why not check out my favourites from last year?
► See more...
► See more...
MY RIDES - I've changed my goals for 2019. I'm going for something more meaningful - "Smiles not miles". I posted this in my previous issue, but I want to re-emphisize these issues and focus.
See my: ► 2019 Goals.
See my: ► 2019 Goals.
On the Web
My friend, John Wilson has been involved with this group for nearly 50 years. I'll be going to their Easter Meet this year, so stay tuned for a report back. It's sure to provide some interesting reading. Meanwhile check out their photo archive. It is stunning! Visit: Chaising Rainbows.
Mike Hayes is at it again. So it's not surprising that he went to this event. Check out Wayfarer Centenary Ride & Weekend. Also, be sure to read about one of the pioneers of the Rough Stuff Fellowship; "Wayfarer" and what the centenary is all about.
Out From the Archive
2016 - It was a big year for my cycling. Along with cycling 3,025 miles for Parkinson's UK during March and April, I followed up in May with another 1,000 miles just for fun! Take a look at one of my early "classic" rides. This route has since become one of my yearly favourites.
Sexy Bike Alert!
Keeping with the Rough Stuff Fellowship theme, I ran across this bike whilst pottering about the web. I think this bike would be PERFECT for a little off-road excursion. Plus, she might be fine on the quite lanes of Wales as well. It's a lovely bike and currently at the top of my dream list. Take a look and tell me what you think!









