November 01, 2020

VOLUME 04 | ISSUE 25 
Lords of the Virus

It's been eight months since the pandemic hit the UK and it's been nothing short of chaos and confusion. Folks just don't know what to do. I just want to ride my bike.
It is sad to watch governments struggle, yet people are justified in their frustration. The lack of inspirational leadership is disappointing to witness. People do not have faith in the people making the decisions and most importantly - people don't think our politicians are capable of adequately leading. Unfortunately, this is indicative of the times in which we live. Although, it's not as bad as the novel of which I allude to in this month's title, life at times, seems to be spiraling down a bottomless rabbit hole.

But enough of my useless diatribe! This blog is about getting away from the insanity of everyday life. Despite the lockdown (and it's various flavours...) I did get out for some wonderful rides on my bicycle and that's why we're here - to read about adventures! So I've put together three reports from rides I made in late August and September for your review. I've also stuck a couple of galleries I've been working on recently. Finally, I follow that with a few interesting finds from the Internet and of course, I've found another sexy bike for you to check out.

I hope you enjoy this issue. Stay Safe!... Thanks for stopping by and as always,

Seeya down the road! - cm

Features
September 12, 2020
MY RIDES - It's been tough following the latest restrictions of having to stay within the county, but late one afternoon I took a jaunt over a nearby mountain to the historic village of Senghenydd.
► Read more...
September 07, 2020
MY RIDES - It was dark and misty when I first looked out the window... more like a lazy day to stay home where it's warm and dry. So when I started, the only plan I had was to spend a long lazy day in the saddle.
► Read more...
August 23, 2020
MY RIDES - One of my longest (and toughest) rides this year. This could be a candidate for "Ride of the Year". Check out my adventure through the Gwent Levels as well as the legendary forest of Wentwood.
► Read more...

Departments
Lately I've been working on an entirely new Gallery for my blog. The first stage of the redesign involves simplifying the background code and enlarging my exisiting images. I hope you like the changes!
GALLERY - It was the first castle I saw when I first visited Wales in 2009. It's surprising that it wasn't until 2017 that I finally went for a proper visit with my wife! ► View gallery...
GALLERY - It's hard to believe that it's been three years, but looking back I still enjoy this gallery of images from a favourite spot above our home.
► View gallery...

On the Web
road.cc- Shocking news to read... I had been waiting to see what Dawes would do for their 50th annivaersary. Now, I'm just stunned.
► Read more...
The Guardian- It's been called the UK's toughest bike ride. I haven't done it myself, but it's an interesting read and I'd sure like to give it a go.
► Read more...
Sustrans has worked out an interesting solution for their online mapping by partnering with Ordinance Survey and it's a huge improvement!
► Check it out...

From the Archive
Gallery - I don't recall why I didn't write a report of this ride in 2017. However, I did make a photo gallery I rather like. ► Check it out...

Sexy Bike Alert!
One of many "dream bikes" I would love to own. It would be perfect if it had a belt drive and 11-speed Shimano internal rear hub. Still, it's a beauty.
► Check it out...