My first way-marker at Sirhowy Park is already beginning to make my trip look interesting.
I am soon to learn about pathway entrances, but this will be one of the more attractive I encounter.
Not a bad looking path, eh?
Despite the foreboding introduction, my ride was very easy, mostly downhill without much traffic, and despite numerous wrong turns at a variety of infernal round-a-bout and all-about-all-over-agains, I made it comfortably to Newport by 2:30 that afternoon. It was then but a short hop to the lovely Tredegar House Caravan Club Site... One of the cleanest and most well-provided campgrounds I have ever seen. (View here.) And yes... the sun came out just as I arrived.
Some lovely rolling country just past Risca.
What is with the sky? The clouds seem to be so very close to the ground. And what a farm! Don't need no Cezanne today.
Here's a parting shot from the entrance to Tredegar House Caravan Club Site. Now I'm off to Cardiff.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note to Cartographer: Daily Mileage = 24.02 Total Mileage = 24.02





